Saturday, May 16, 2009

May 16, 2009






Good Morning!!
Another beautiful day and it will get to 101 today and 105 on Monday. AC is working good.
We rented a car and got a squirrel cage (PT Cruiser) but believe it or not, it is just fine. AC works really well.
Spidey tried to get away today first on the palm tree then on the orange tree but I was able to get him back. There is an oleander tree behind us in full bloom and took a photo of it as well.
I wish I knew how to insert my photos where I want them instead of always at the top. Makes me crazy. Guess I will take the tutorial if all else fails.
The last photo is of the deserted street we are parked on with hardly no motor homes. We have abut 6 neighbors next door and across from us.
Ken is going to crock pot a roast today and we will go visit Stacy at work for a few. We will have lunch on Monday with Gary's parents on Monday.
Last night we took Stacy and Gary to Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant. Ken and I just love this place and the closest one to us in the Tri Cities is in Beaverton, OR. It is all great salads of every kind imaginable and 7 different homemade soups and some pasta with meat and vegetables. So good. Can't believe they have never been there and I asked Gary if he thought they would go there on their own and he said "yes, definitely!"
Got the AC on already as it is really hot.
Did any of you watch Farrah's Story last night? It was so sad and so wonderful all at the same time. What a brave woman she is. I would be screaming 'drugs' and put me out of my misery!!
I know none of you will believe this but I had to invest in fake fingernails. 'Kiss' is the name of them and you just stick them on your nails no glue to apply. I filed them when I got home and I hate them. My nails are destroyed from this trip and all the things you have to do for a motor home inside and out. Oh well, I'm retired, no public to impress anymore. These fakes will come off today and I will somehow make my own look decent if it's the last thing I do!!
We went to our favorite haunt (discount clothing store) and Ken found me the most adorable purse, straw and brown leather, and a bathing suit. I told him that Omar the Tent Maker was waiting for me.
Time to go take our showers so will shut down for now.
Until later...

No comments: